Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Front swaybar for circle track

12K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  CrashAction55 
#1 ·
im looking to upgrade my front (and possibly rear) sway bar, can you please post input and links, I think i want the stiffest possible since its for a circle/dirt track race car, and it will NEVER be used for any thing else. Also is there a beter style end link, the stock ones seem very wimpy.

#2 ·
judging from all ym circle track experience in FWD's which is quite a bit but we onyl run asphalt, you will want to leave the front bar stock and get a very larger rear bar to help with oversteer, the front bar being really big will give you more of a push

#4 ·
um no

if you add the most biggest sway on the back for a circle track your car is going to spin out like hell. really big sways are for very tight turns like autox an some road racing apps.

I had so many suspension part for the last car i had that sucked dialed in perfect until i got cocky an bolted a bigger sway in back and oversteered into a ditch. After $2k+ in suspension parts i know my shit.

go with a H&R front sway (an yes it's adjustable), H&R race spring with koni adjustable, start out with a SVT 21mm sway an if you feel like it's not enough buy your self a ford racing or a progress 22mm rear sway (DONT jump to a 22mm right away until you feel a 21mm), go to the local auto store an pick up some off the self rear endlinks (the flat tabs on the rear sway should be level with the ground an those endlinks should do the trick).

#5 ·
for track, i ran a 22, 25 mm F to R setup. pretty neutral. if you are going to run on a dirt track, you will want to run about an 18 front 21 rear. you want your car to have a bit more sway so you have more bite on the outside tires

#11 ·
I run no sway bar in the front and a 21mm in the rear and it handels like a dream. I sting my alinments from the back tires to the front to set the toe and i aim to get 2 inches of toe out on the rr (2 inches is how far the string is from the outside of the rf) and measure the the lr to the right rear so it will be set the same. i flat foot it going into turns and when the car breaks i let out for a fraction of a second and it generates my perfect push to power out in with the foot falt in the floor board. i have won my last 5 races too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.