Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

767K views 2K replies 389 participants last post by  roswelltop 
#1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

See less See more
#267 ·
immcrea got another question for you sir!

Figured out (with the help of this forum) that my car has not been built yet. I learned this a week after my dealership told me that at maximum, the car would be delivered to me two weeks from now. I know this now, not to be true. My $1,250 worth of rebates will be expired as of June 4, which I'm sure will roll around before my car does. I went into the dealership, made a deal that included these rebates, and put down a $500 deposit on the car. My question is, does my $500 deposit just reserve first right refusal, or does it also lock me into the deal I made? I sure hope that they'll honor the rebates, because I made the deal based on the information that he gave me (car 3 weeks out at most), and have subsequently stopped pursuing any other Focus.

Thanks!

-B

#268 ·
Ohuigin-
At our dealership it locks you into the deal you made, just doesn't guarantee trade-in or finance rate if applicable.

If I were you go in June 4th, if they have a VIN number you can contract with your rebates that way you don't lose your rebates. To be honest they will probably not give you the rebate if you contract after the 4th. It's your rebate not the dealerships and they cannot give you a rebate that you don't qualify for.

However, if you do have in writing they will guarantee rebates then you have that to fall back on if and when they decide to say you don't qualify.

#280 ·
Hey imccrea,

Just wondering if the z-plan will give you any discounts on financing rates? If not, can financing rates be negotiated?

Also, with ford's 0% financing, what is the actual financing cost involved.

i.e. Focus priced at $27,096 (after taxes).....what the cost be with 0% financing (I doubt it would actually be $27,096).

#281 ·
Skippy-
The rates will not change if you are Z-Plan compared to a traditional retail purchase nor can you negotiate a rate.

Additionally 0% doesn't require down payment participation so let's say you pay $27,096 as in your example. If for some strange reason Ford came out with 0% for 60 just divide that by 60 months. There is no additional fee to finance 0%, it will show on the credit contract as amount in interest as $0.

#286 ·
Tuxedo black has ran out on the following:
Taurus, Explorer, F-150, Fusion, Escape, Super Duty, Expedition, Edge and will run out on Focus by late May with re-introduction of black in late June. If you are planning on ordering one now you're probably out of luck per Ford.

#288 ·
Hey imccrea, thanks for answering all of these questions. First post in these forums (first of many, I hope!)

I ordered a 2012 Titanium hatch in Sterling Gray, the only option is the nav system. My priority is 10 (ordered from a cousin's dealership), when do you think I might see delivery? My fleet guy is waiting to get a definite date, Donlen reports 12-14 weeks.

I'm trying to sell my current car locally, it'd be nice to have a rough guess at how long I have to unload it before I'm forced to ship it halfway across the country to a different family dealership for consignment.

#294 ·
Yes, you shouldn't have any problem with it. The only thing you have to think about is the expiration date on the $750. Other than that, all reports (including mine), is that the dealer welcomes the coupon with an open hand and a smile.

-B

#299 ·
Hello again immcrea!

So I'm working on figuring out a way to tack my cars path across the US, and have been given a phone number to call. However it sounds like I may need a password to access the information. Is this the Fleet Identification Number (FIN code)?

Thanks again buddy!

-B

#300 ·
good price

Hi,

I was at dealer today and was told they would sell the vehicle below for $500 below sticker. It's been a long time since I bought a car and I'm sensing it's not possible to get several thousand dollars off the sticker any long. The last car I bought was a 2004 Ranger, sticker 24K, paid 20K.

What would be a good price for this car?

MSRP: $26,735 VIN: 1FAHP3M20CL101883

Thank you for your time!

#301 ·
Hi,

I was at dealer today and was told they would sell the vehicle below for $500 below sticker. It's been a long time since I bought a car and I'm sensing it's not possible to get several thousand dollars off the sticker any long. The last car I bought was a 2004 Ranger, sticker 24K, paid 20K.

What would be a good price for this car?

MSRP: $26,735 VIN: 1FAHP3M20CL101883

Thank you for your time!
Hey Tiger,

Couldn't locate your VIN, but was $500 the only rebate/incentive/offer that they gave you? You should be getting a bit more off than that. Judging by your MSRP, it looks like you found yourself a loaded Titanium, and dealerships have been a bit tougher to move off of MSRP on that particular trim level. Your regional market also has some influence on your final price, because getting $500 off in one place may be like getting $1000 in another. It's all relative!

Double check your VIN and [repost] so we can help ya out.

-B

#308 ·
I was informed that no more Kona Blue cars will be built this year and I need to select another color. Is this correct? The dealer blamed the same paint supplier situation that caused the Tuxedo Black and Red to be discontinued.

#309 ·
That is the correct reason.

Currently here is the replacement plan as of 4-21:
Kona Blue replaced by Sonic Blue in late June
Red Candy replaced by "Red Candy" in late June
Tuxedo Black replaced by Black in late June.

All colors above are slated to run out within the next week if they haven't run out already. I had an Edge cancelled today which wasn't suppose to run out til early June.

#311 ·
@imccrea

So....if you place an order today for Red candy, will the order be fufilled for the new paint color or will the order be cancelled. I want to place an order tomorrow (tuesday) and I'm not sure what to do. I don't want my order to be cancelled.
Well on Focus I'm sure it just would take 2 months before it gets scheduled to build. The only way to find out is put the order in and see what happens. It might get canceled or just delayed.

#319 ·
#320 ·
Depends on the model, I think that they are not ramping up production on the Focus as there are quite a bit of them out there. We are yet to have more than 3 Explorer's on our lot at once. If we run into that issue then Focus production will be enhanced.

#323 ·
Hey mystic,

I just ran your VIN # through Etis and it doesn't look like your car has been built yet. Also, I tried looking for a window sticker for you as well, but one by that VIN # hasn't been generated yet. My advice would be to start looking around at incoming dealer ordered stock inventory as a back up plan in case your Candy Red isn't Candy Red anymore.

-B

#324 ·
Can you get a Focus SEL with Navigation but without MFT (ie 302 pkg + Nav, rather than 303 pkg + Nav) ? On Edmunds/Truecar I can price a Focus SEL with 302+Nav, but on the Ford site it forces 303 as soon as I add Nav - which is correct ?

Wanting Nav & heated leather seats, but not MFT unless I have to...

#326 ·
Posted via FF Mobile Well you cant have a Nav screen, but you can have navigation. Sorry no, you have to get my ford touch to ge the navigation, thats the screen that the nav uses. Sync has voice prompt navigation and the directions come up in the little display ontop the dash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.