Focus Fanatics Forum banner

I put the HID light of ST model on my Focus Titanium with DRL on all the time

52K views 221 replies 39 participants last post by  xMarcox 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently bought Eur or ST model headlight housing from Chinese aftermarket and install them on my Focus Titanium and they look so great!!!!The HIDs are working prefect and the LED functions as Day Running Light! Most importantly the 1 set(2 pieces) of housings only cost me $400!!!!!Way cheaper than the OEM one!!!! The housing on U.S. focus is $600 each if I am not wrong.

See less See more
#66 ·
Goat ordered. There was a Chinese holiday yesterday, so nothing happened as far as shipping. I anticipate having my bacon eating, sword wielding, back-flipping [ninja] goat soon. Next week, perhaps. [thumb]

#68 ·
The Chinese get days off for holidays? Wow, how enlightened. I wonder in what year Mao did what on yesterday's date??? (I apparently got up on the wisea** side of the bed today.)

#69 · (Edited)
#70 ·
So far I have found the following 5+ different headlights on ebay. Is it the whole headlight or just a part? Also are those listed as pairs or singles? I cant tell. I'm a bit confused about this. Also I'm prefer blue light because I'm going for a blue theme. Here are the links:
1: Super Light Bar
2: Sharp Blade
3: R8 Sharp Blade Rectangle
4: Model C BladeThree
5: Angel Eyes
6: Stock Black I know this one is a single whole headlight.

thanks
the first four are sold as pairs, the last is for an individual Rt side unit

#77 ·
i'm still confused. So if I buy aftermarket headlights... I have to replace a bunch of stuff in them to make them HID? Could you or anyone else explain it in a step by step process? Otherwise i'm too confused. For example 1: buy lights, 2: do this, 3: do that.

Thanks.

#78 ·
I think jdubhack is saying you have some options:

1. Stock headlight --> Halogen Bulb
2. Aftermarket Headlight (with/without projectors) --> Halogen Bulb
OR
3. Aftermarket Headlight (with projectors)-->Ballasts-->HID bulbs

Basically, we just don't recommend HIDs in the non-projector housings, though people do it all the time.

#81 ·
As for blue tinted halogen bulbs, they won't entirely be blue! Silverstars, Eurolites etc have blue tint on their bulbs so as when mixed with the natural yellow light output of the halogen bulb, it appears white. In any case, halogens with any tint will have less effective output than the same without.

And for those thinking about HID's in non HID spec'd housing: 1 depending on wattage (35w or 55w) it is the actual higher light output that can be absorbed, rise in temp = melting cheap plastic. 2. Reflector style housing (used for halogens) using HID's gives you this: instead of a tiny super bright star (millions of light years away) blinding you, have the sun shinning at you (yes, a star but much much closer) lol

#82 ·
Those who might want higher light output but want to keep 'stock' and legal, look into converting a H9 to H11 bulb http://forum.mazda6club.com/exterior-modifications/238968-h11-h9-fog-light-conversion.html

You use up to 15 watts more, which from many sites does not raise temps much but you're going from around 1100-1400 lumens to approx 2200 to 2400 lumens in some cases!
Sure, the bulbs won't last as long but you'll get much brighter bulbs at a less overall cost, super easy to do and no alteration of the factory equipment, or dipped bulb errors! AND stay legal!

#83 ·
#84 ·
Also, there's this. This is the site I was using when I found out about HID conversion.
Site
Color Chart According to this color chart 8000k is a white/blue mix.

And I just answered my own question about fog lights. This site says "fog or driving lights" and it also says it includes a pair of ballasts.

#89 ·
I have 6000k and they are bluuuuuuuue. I think 8000k would be way too much for me. Mine border on the unusable light territory. When these go out ill be ordering 4300k.

Also when I got my chinese projector headlights in (they failed in 2 min) I had to buy h7 bulbs instead of tje h11 the focus uses. So your stock bulbs may not plug right in.

#86 ·
This thread is so off topic it's crazy. To the original poster: if you would, please post some pictures of the beam pattern of both the low beams and high beams. Try to be in a dark area and pointed at a wall so we can see how good the projector is. Like this:

Just do one light not both at the same time.

Thank you.

#112 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhadan1205
"Even in the U.S. focus OEM housing, there only one front turning signal...at the side there are only reflective stripes. "

oooo! That makes me really happy. Still, I like the amber deflector, and wish it was on the headlight - it addes a nice touch in my opinion.
Anyways... I wanna order these headlights. Who can help me order them?

Also, would it be possible to swap in the amber deflector in the future?

Thanks!

#114 ·
actually now i'm having doubts about the looks for some reason. I mean.. they look good but something is not right. The projectors look too bulky and chrom-y. The black-out reflector makes the sides look empty and dull. The clear lens for the turn signal makes the whole thing look very black/white. I think the original amber accents look nice.
Dont mean to offend anyone or anything, its just my opinion.

Anyone else have a similar opinion?

Thanks.

#119 ·
Where do you think Most headlights are built these days? China and Mexico.. so not much choice anyways... The only ones with LEDs that don't seem to last so far are the HID ones... Im thinking the Heat from the HID's is the culprit.

#124 ·
i'm confused about which lights are which.
is the projector the low beam or the high beam?
is the innermost light the parking light?
is there a permanent DRL or can it be can the "DRL" be a parking light as well? It would be nice to be able to turn the DRL's on/off.

any chance someone out there can photoshop the lights jdubhack's lights onto a tuxedo black focus? I've taken a liking to them again... I know i'm back and forth. :p

Thanks.

#127 ·
Is the single red wire coming out the back of the housing for wiring the LED DRL? I've been thinking about getting a set of these but don't care for the DRL so I'm wondering if I leave that wire disconnected, will the high/low beam, parking and turn signal still operate normally?

#130 ·
when you say the inner most light "does nothing" , can you give some detail as to how much "nothing"? [giggle]
it's not a parking light? in some of those pictures it's on, in some pictures it's off.
Does it just turn on when the low beam is activated?

Thanks...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.