Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What do you guys think about this muffler?

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  sam fisher 
#1 ·
Hi i have a 2010 ford focus sedan and im slowly starting to put some performance upgrades into my car. I currently have a K&N air filter and im getting a performance chip soon. But! My question was, what do you guys think about this: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/300764688953

I have never installed anything like this, not sure how loud it would be and stuff. First time poster :) Thanks

#2 ·
For a performance upgrade your going to need to upgrade the whole exhaust, not just the muffler. The sticked threads at the top of this section contain all the information you need about the bolt on performance upgrades for your car.

And just FYI, our ECUs cannot be "chipped". They must be flashed with a SCT device with a custom tune.

#5 ·
That muffler will only be worth the money if you like the way it will look hanging off the back of your car. Presently you have another muffler there, its sole job is to keep noise down. We affectionately call it a lunch box (it looks like one.) Little to no hp gain will be made by removing it. Doing a lunchbox delete will simply increase noise some and replacing that with that muffler you linked to above will mostly only alter the exhaust note.

The main restrictions are further up starting with the exhaust manifold/main catalytic converter (our "header",) flex pipe, secondary cat and overall diameter of the exhaust piping. Replacing those with better flowing parts will net you some hp gain and get you a better sound.

#15 ·
The cold air intake and either race or stealth exhaust setups will increase your hp output. i recommend getting your car tuned. Since it is automatic you have the option to adjust the shift points (selected rpms ranges). That basically tells the computer to shift at the new and most likely higher rpms shift points. I personally recommend the stealth setup. Its plenty loud. I cant even imagine how loud the race is. But I also have race headers with a high flow cat, so I'm not positive what leaving the stock exhaust manifold on (with both cats) and adding the exhaust setup will do for your sound levels (decibels).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.