Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Michigan people

12M views 125K replies 538 participants last post by  Chas 
#1 ·
lookin for those who live in the Michigan area

#85,721 ·
I drive a lot too. Bought the Infiniti at 32k miles about this time of year (mid august). And by the time it got put away for the winter it was just under 41k (November time). I drive a lot. And since it's been out in March it's now up to 47.5k

#85,723 ·
I want an older STi, but they are still way to expensive and I poor so if I ended up with a scoobaru I'd just get a WRX as well.
Yeah it's all a pipe dream anyway. This would be the "wife's" car (though I do most of the driving anyway) and for five years I've been trying to convince her to learn how to drive a manual.

My secret plan is to take her to the scooby dealership and test drive an sti with her... she likes speed... maybe that'll get her hooked.

'Course then i got to worry about her actually learning to drive on the new sti.

#85,724 ·
Not you klod was talking to Kyle lol. No more auto x this year. Need to save money for things
What kind of a race? Also remember my car is about 100lbs lighter based on driver weight...

#85,731 ·
my SVT gets about 3-5mpg better than my old autotragic ZX3
that's called "drivetrain loss", and autotragics suck at it, on any car the difference between the manual and autotragic economy numbers is at least 2-3 mpg. give the autotragic some time to start sucking more and it'll do even worse.

manual to manual the SVT would get worse mileage than a ZX3.

#85,734 ·
idc how many miles i put on the benz in a year...

because it's a diesel and finds miles to be a trivial measurement of it's ability to continue being awesome :p

#85,737 ·
also not sure why everyone loves to talk about how fast they're approaching the need to do an engine rebuild.

i averaged about 2k miles a month before i got the miata... but i've got over 300k miles to go til i need to think about pulling the motor :p

miata rolled over 157k on sunday.

#85,738 ·
I think cars should have hour meters, not mileage, like a boat or airplane. 25k miles running highway at an average speed of 60mph = 416.67 hours of running time. If you average 30mph, that 833.33 hours of running time. Or at the very least, have both, so you can tell the real story of how worn the car is.

#85,740 ·
How long is your loan? And the extended warranty? I pay $190 on my ST now... Hmm...

Also I like the hatch, haha.
I pay $140 a month for my 05 st. How much did u buy it for? And just curious what's ur insurance like? Mine is $135 a month $550 deductible full coverage. But I know every insurance is different

And since moving out il be lucky to drive more than 900 miles a month. Think gf goes 1 full tank in almost a month

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.