Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How many miles on your spi engine?

54K views 180 replies 113 participants last post by  .+Man 
#1 ·
I wanted to start this thread to see how many miles can the spi engine get. I got my focus on April 2004 with 19513 mile and today it has 104578 miles and still going strong, I had to replace the timing belt, but outside of that it is running good.

#55 ·
133,000 miles on my 2000 SPI Wagon. Still going strong...:) (I've only owned it since about 123,000)

#57 ·
Weird thing this Saturday.

I looked down at my ODO and the trip mileage said 123.4 and the mileage was 123456....trippy.

(131374 actual miles....though)

#59 ·
Have the plugs and wires been replaced recently ? At the very least a plug cleaning/re-gap should help if they haven't.

#61 ·
Just bought mine last month. A 03, LX SPI with 112,000 on it. Runs great and I'm getting between 35 and 38 MPG. Got to love that my 01 Altima with 65,000 miles on it was only getting me 26 at best.

#64 ·
My GF has the SPI, she has around 65k Miles on a 2001 thats in need of a lil TLC. Its been a lil neglected.

#78 ·
well mine made it to um.... I think 118k. I may be wrong, I put in a cluster awhile ago with a tach and I don't remember how many more it says on it.

#80 ·
well I think I've mentioned before that revving to 6500rpm quite a bit doesn't help much but is fun. lol. poor engine.

#82 ·
^^ nope she ran..... I drove it into the shop. then back out for a wash, then into another bay before shutting it off. That was how I drove it once in awhile though. I just say NOW it's off because the trans it out of it along with the starter etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.