Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - **Nominations for April ROTM**
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 11:24 PM   #121
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Quote:
Originally posted by ILuvMyZX3
hey Ash!!
about all this dropping out deal...
I think that, in addition to the new rule (nomination for 2 months in a row bans you from ROTM for a whole year), we should make a new rule on top of it... like whoever doesn't want to run for ROTM (for whatever reason), has to say so in advance, just so we dont't have this kind of problems. Some people here are dropping out because they get greedy and they don't want to blow their 2 chances and then not be able to get nominated for a whole year. It's like... "yeah, all of you please nominate me, my car is badass, but the minute a better car is nominated I'll drop out".
To me that's BS. Just the fact that people are nominating their cars for ROTM is a prop to them, they should be grateful for that instead of dropping out later because they think they don't stand a chance. Winning is cool and all, but it's more about the fun... right?? Like for example, a lot of people in here have admitted trying to race (or at least keep up) with a mustang or a corvette or whatever. I mean... face it, the focus doesn't stand a chance against them, but you still do it for the hell of it, because it's fun. If it wasn't for the fun, then why waste gas knowing you're gonna loose. It's the same thing.
just my 2 cents.
I have noticed that too since the new rule has started. But if they want to drop out so let it be that way. I don't like it and I'm sure the other people that nominated the person that dropped out doesn't like it either but it is what it is I guess.

But I agree with everything you said and no it's not too late to nominate Alex