Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT JRSC BBK Belt Loose!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 09:59 AM   #4
SVTBoy21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 30831
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue Turbo'd SVT

FF Reputation: 1 SVTBoy21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
The belt went on really easy with a lot of slack. Yeah, I triple checked my belt routing and made sure the tensioner was working properly. Made sure I had the right alternator mount. The belt is soooo loose that I haven't even tried to start my car yet. Where the new Jackson Idler pulley is, it looks like the belt can reach the Belt Idler Pulley.

I am going to Checker Auto Parts today and getting a 100, 101, 102, and 103" belt (they said I can take back what doesn't fit). The belt I have is 105.7" and I can pull the belt down a couple inches. I'll let you guys know what fits.

Also, I purchased my SVT after someone else had it for 6 months and when I got it, it already had an ORP on it. Maybe the previous owner installed a UDP? From the routing diagram, the Crankshaft Pulley looks like it is larger than the rest of the pulley's, but the crankshaft pulley on my car is smaller than the A/C Compressor pulley. The Crankshaft Pulley on my car is a solid piece, the UDP's I've seen for the SVT have holes cut out in them, so I don't know.

P.S. Thanks for the help!