Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - how to get svt performance out of a zetec?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
chad_p71
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 22773
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black SVT

FF Reputation: 1 chad_p71 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Question how to get svt performance out of a zetec?

I have a 2000 zx3. I have read a little bit about the SVT motor, I know there are allot of differences but Im not sure what they are exacty, I know its loosely based on the zetec motor, i know it has 170hp compared to my crappy 130hp. I did a search and didnt come up with anything, I would appreciate it if someone could shoot me a link about the SVT focus motor.

So I was wondering how would I be able to get SVT performance out of my zetec motor? New cams, ported head (maybe bigger valves??), timing and a good exhaust system, would that do it?

I know about cold air kits, and underdrive pulleys, tuneable cam gears, forced induction blah, blah, blah. That stuff it all nice but the engineers at Ford were able to make 170 horse power with out any of that stuff and I am very curious as to how they did it. They also kept the car driveable with good mileage and also reliable at the same time. My goal is to attempt to do the same.