Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Tail light wiring mod question
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 03:57 AM   #3
Peterbilt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29126
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 5 Peterbilt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Re: Tail light wiring mod question

Quote:
Originally posted by lv3kf
-Have the brake light and turn signal light on at all times
-Have the brake light and turn signal light, light up at the same time when the brakes are pressed
-Have the backup light and the turn light signal at the same time when the turn signal is activated
Forget about it, mate. First two options are simply impossible unless the GEM is similar to that used on hatchbacks. The third option is not that hard, but in order to prevent all indicators lighting up at once, you would have to install 4 separate diodes. It would be too much of a PITA. I explored all these options not a while ago when I was separating the brakes from the indicators on my ZX3.

P.S. I personally think that white rear indicators (although illegal) look rather nice. I mean, they are even less confusing than red turn lights which are often combined with the brake lights. I myself was using the reverse lights as the turn indicators for quite a while and never had any problems with the police. Just my 10 pennies