Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - broken antenna
Thread: broken antenna
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
svt medic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10460
What I Drive: 04 Infra-Red focus SVT 3 door #434 of 1978 Born November 11th 2003

FF Reputation: 1 svt medic Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
broken antenna

So get this all. I was at my cousins house and an a painting company was doing some painting on the outside of the apartments. No big deal. I go with my cousin someplace and leave my car parked in front of the building. Later that afternoon her and I returned to the house with my wife aswell. I look over at my car and see, no you won't guess. no paint on the car. They actually covered the car with a cover, and really nice one at that. Totally cool. So we go in the house. come out a few hours later and we are getting ready to leave when I notice my shorty billet antena gone. At a closer inspection, I notice the entire metal post broken. the tarp was pulled agianst the antena and it broke. I'm a little pissed, not really pissed,just a little. Go to the dealer the next day for a quote on the fix. they tell me part plus laber. Cool, right. WRONG. 238.00 plus tax. Well screw this. I bought the piece for 8.88 plus tax to bring the total to 9.88 or some shit like that. I take the piece home and preceed to look into fixing on my own. I remove the plastic plate covering the sunroof motor and pull the dome light down to reveal a set screw holding the antena in place. get my star wrench set out and replace the mast in 6 Minutes flat. The dealer says it is a 2 to 2.5 hour install @ say around 90 bucks an hour plus taxes. This really burns my ass. I know that these dealers are there to make profit, Hell I owned a construction company back in michigan for years,we Did fire,wind, and water damage. I never beat or extorted people out of there hard earned money. FORD CAN KISS MY ASS> Freaking extortion I tell you.

( VVTI This)
(SVT Squad # 198)