Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - type of oil
Thread: type of oil
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #6
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I don't know about every where but in some area's Mobil 1 is like $5.25 a qt and Royal Purple is like $5.95 a qt, I'd rather pay the slight diffrence and know you are getting a better oil. Also just cause it says synthetic does not mean its the best, there are diffrent grades of synthetic oils and Royal Purple is one of the best. The others would be Redline and Amsoil, I would be willing to try Redline but hate Amsoil's marketing idea of trash talking all other oils so that you'll buy there's. I use Royal Purple and love it. On contreversial (is that spelled right?) side note, Royal Purple has been shown to add up to 3hp over regular oil (google it if you don't beleive me) so if your using dino oil your cheating your self out of around 3hp. Sure 3hp is not alot but think about it this way, a steeda short ram is $150 and adds 5hp. Your getting around 3hp for the price of the oil and changing it your self (or $10 to have a store do it).