Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - $200 steeda short ram,custom short ram...priceless!
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 01:51 AM   #29
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by phatmike
I tried this one too. the thing is that it bugs down when the shifter light turns on. about 3500rpm. I didn't do anything on the MAF sensor? when I shift after the light the rpm stills go down. its like it needs more air. really need help on this.

thanks!
I really had to fight off the urge to say something smart ass....

Anyway, are you sure that you turned the MAF so that the hole in the end opposite of the electrical connection is facing towards the incoming air? If not I'm surprised you're not getting a CEL. Also, did you remove the negative terminal for about 15 mins to reset the computer after doing the mod? I forgot to do that myself but I didn't notice anything like what you're experiencing.

AAAAAAhhh... ok, so you didn't modify the plastic of the tube to insure that the MAF is seated properly when you did turn it around??? That might cause some problems with air leaking past the MAF giving it a incorrect reading which is causing your mixture to be too lean, this probably causes a little bit of spark knock triggering the knock sensor to retard timing so you don't blow up your motor, but you feel all that as a bog down because the pedal isn't doing what you think it should be.

Other guys caulked or RTV'd around the MAF to fix this, I used Bi-Seal tape, but I think you might need to seal up around the MAF

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.