Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - HOW-TO: SVT IMRC DSI Intake Manifold Upgrade FOR ZETEC!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 03:27 PM   #24
sc0tty8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27536
What I Drive: 2k3 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sc0tty8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am going to give the svt intake swap a whirl, I am planning on the CRN-223-0012 cams and adjustable cam gears. I already have a long tube race header and cat-back exhaust, the intake should help out some more;)

I'd also assume that the vacuum lines can be had from the auto parts tore, from the bulk rolls? I mean, I could only imagine what a stealership could charge for the same thing stamped ford, are these pieces molded?

Other then that, I think I need to get the alt bracket, imrc and connector/pigtial, svt tb/bracket, and the rpm switch.

So, I spose if I want a larger throttle body, I need to get an SVT unit.

Does anyone have the wire map of the svt/zetec tps? I ask becasue I have a throttle body from a tbird in my garage, I think its larger then a stock svt, not sure, but, if I can use that, lets save some money;)

Edit, I was just thinking, if the mounting holes are to be slotted, is there enough material left to make the install secure? Or, should I have someting fabbed up and added?(my uncle is a machinist)

Edit2, being my ac dont work, do I need the vacuum lines?

Last edited by sc0tty8; 12-28-2005 at 03:56 PM.