Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Yayyy! I'm the regional GS Champion...
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 02:17 AM   #26
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I wish I could stay in GS, but I don't want to sacrifice the short-throw for it. I think I could do a lot of proving for the SVT Focus in my region (maybe being too overly confident because I'm still new) with better tires and such against some of the good drivers out there. Right now, I can run with some of the guys on R-comps and Summer tires on my all-seasons, so that suggests I'm driving well and/or they're not pushing as hard. However, I cannot even begin to touch one member in his Cooper S in the region adjacent to mine - partially due to tires and I'm going to take the fall and say mostly due to lack of driving skill still. I would like to make this "hobby" into something more serious, but time and money do not permit my dedication to do so. The most important thing I get out of this is good clean ol' fun with great competition. I guess when I run STS, I'll have even better competition.

Tell us more about this road racer rental for 2006.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil