Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Yayyy! I'm the regional GS Champion...
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 09:29 AM   #24
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by ilcowil
Yeah, but can you kick some Cooper S butt? Congratulations on your accomplishment. So are you planning from going from Regional to National champion and showing the S's the SVT's aren't so slow?
We do have an exceptionally fast MCS driver. As you can see from the results I posted, he is in the top 5 or 10 overall when he brings his R-comps and he's on his A game. With R-comps and Koni's, though, I think I could do quite well against him, and everybody, seeing as I have beat him before when he comes on street tires.

As for Nationals, it's gonna be pretty tough, but I think that I am going to go down there next year and see what I can do. We have a couple really good people who show up sometimes when they aren't out winning a Pro Solo. I think I am going to work with them, go to Evolution school again, and really use a Chase Cam and an outside camera to hone my runs and skills. (Evaluate my lines, how close I am to cones, etc.) I might even get the additions to the Chase Cam that will allow me to actually do data acquisition, which is what the real pros do.

I am F[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ing serious about my racing, and where I want to go with it. There's a lot of the pro and semi-pro racers that come up through SOLO, and I want to be one of them. I have already worked out a road racer rental for 2006 to start branching into big-track racing. I also figure that when I get my business going consistent enough for me to go independant (business plan shows 2007, conservatively), I will not only have the freedom and flexibility to start going to regional/national races, but I will be able to run it as a tax writeoff through my company, making it more financially feasible.

I hope you guys know by now how little BS I spew too...
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...

Last edited by Carrera26; 12-13-2005 at 10:20 AM.