Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Fanatics Ride of the Month Showcase
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2005, 01:28 AM   #17
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
DECEMBER RIDE OF THE MONTH(2005)

Member name: THEFRUSH
Model: SVT (3 door, European Appearance Package)
Color: Pitch Black

Why he loves his Focus:
"Well that's a tough question. Let's take a little walk back. The first car I ever test drove, before I even had my license, when I was just on my permit, was a 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus with a Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler. I really liked the sound of it, and at the time, that was the extent of my car liking. 'It sounds cool, it looks cool.' I was your typical 15 year-old ricer. I ended up driving well over 50 cars before finally buying my SVT Focus over two years later. Too many names jumped out at me to pass it up, and the pressure from my parents to pick a car meant my time before they made the choice for me was dwindling. 'SVT, Recaro, Ford Racing.' How could I pass this up? I went down to the Ford dealer and test drove the car with my Dad. Just as I remembered, balanced suspension, lack of torque, nice sound. The next day I bought it.

When I bought the car I had zero plans to modify it. I wanted to change the stereo a little bit, but my Dad wouldn't allow it. So for the first few months I lived with my bone stock car. But anyone who spends as much time as I did reading up on focusfanatics.com about all the wonderful products there are will have a tought time keeping their car bone stock. Before I knew it I had a short-throw. Then suspension. Then an intake. And look how far we've come from my days of 'Oh I'm just gonna keep it stock.'

I suppose I haven't even begun to answer the question. Why do I love my Focus? I love knowing I have never seen another Black European Package SVT Focus on the road. Ever. How many SRT owners can say they've never seen their car in the same color? I love the feeling I get every time I yank the wheel into a corner. I love the feeling I get every time I press the pedal to the floor. I love the feeling I get cruising along the expressway at 50mph knowing that this car is mine. I love the fact that I have gained priceless knowledge that I will have forever, because of this car. But most of all, what I would miss the most if I had to see what I never got, had I not bought this car, I love the fact that I have met some of the coolest people in the world, and built some of my strongest friendships, because of this car."

His future plans:
"Some time next month I'll be installing a Clutchmasters Stage 3, so I can finally enjoy this new boost. Then, in the Spring, the car will be going to Focussport for a smaller pulley install and dyno tune. I also plan to completely revamp the cooling system in the car. And hopefully by late Spring, she will be hitting open track days with the Focus Challenge. I try not to plan more than 6 months ahead, because we've seen how good I am at sticking to my plans."

MODIFICATIONS:

EXTERIOR:
20% Rear Window Tint
35% Front Window Tint
SVT Badge Overlay Decals
98 Euro Upper Grill
Blacked Out Sidemarkers
Vinyl Headlight Eyelids
Hoen H-10 Fog Light Bulbs
Tinted Taillights
DIY Shorty Antenna

ENGINE DRESS-UP: