Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Modded N/A Zetec vs Stock SVT
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #25
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by Spec3VR6
2-3 cars the whole way? lets not get excited here...you only run a 15.7...even if u got your 60 ft down to say, a 2.1....youd hit 15.3-15.4 at the very BEST. well within the range of an SVT to keep pace the whole way. He must of been the worst driver in the world...OR he shut down sooner then you did. Which is what i think happened.
Correct me if im wrong...but you Only raced him with a borla exhaust as your mods on an otherwise stock zetec? Im sorry..i dont buy that. Just like what was said above..youd have to be making at least 140-150 whp to keep with or beat an SVT....again, SVT's arent that fast...but it takes a lot of work to get a regular Zetec in that range. The 6 speed will also give the SVT an advantage for top end speed

not trying to be a nitpicking SVT owner here....but lets be a little more honest here. Theres some other factors that come into play with this stuff.
did I say only the borla? read my post again...I said, Borla, Iceman, coil and wires, plugs, pulley, motor mount, and a tune. The SVT had two people...I pulled 2-3 cars it stayed that way...my car only weighs abotu 2750 with me in it (everything is manual and no sun roof). The SVT was prolly at 3000...it isnt too hard to believe that I beat him, since there arnt a lot of SVT drivers that have actually tapped low 15s. The 6 speed is terrible for drag racing, and if you dont know how to power shift you won't be doing so well in the 1320.

Also, take into consideration about what I said about my tune, it is by a very well known Cobra and Diesel Tuner who can tune just about anything very well.