Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Modded N/A Zetec vs Stock SVT
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 11:50 AM   #23
kenpokid
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9775
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver ZX3, 1993 Coral Reef Blue 5.0 LX Coupe Mustang, 2005 Windveil Blue V6 Mustang

FF Reputation: 1 kenpokid Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by 2004SVTAutoXer
Not again, please do a search.

Stock Zetec? Won't happen without more than just bolt ons. To kenpokid who said he can hang: the 5 door is a fat 50-60 lbs heavier. Driver weights are more influential than the number of doors. Also, what SVTs are you hanging with when your best is 15.77? Every driver's time on this site posted has been between 14.9-15.3 depending on weather/track conditions.

Slomo is right about the 2.3L, it takes an exhaust, intake, tune and bs delete to match the SVTF. With the extra displacement and torque advantage you run a higher risk of losing on drivers ability though, the duratec pumps out the torque.

edit: *crosses fingers and counts the seconds until the hordes come down on this thread and turn it into a pissing match and 'I AM TEH BETTAR THAN J00!!11oneone1!eleven!11'*
Did you see my 60' bro?? 2.4 and then some...I spun all the way through first gear and into second. That was with a very rich tune too, and I pulled right in with the engine HOT from a 30 mile drive to the track . I have raced one SVT on the street from a 20 mph roll and took him the whole way by about 2-3 cars to (unspecificed speed) and he initiated it. That was only with the Borla (no header or FS Cool-flo, just iceman, tune, pulley, plugs wires, coil and motor mount)....my tune is a little more aggressive than what most would think If you have heard of Innovative Diesel Performance, you would know why

EDIT: from what I saw, the SVT was stock and he had his girl with him. It was 3-door.