Old 11-19-2005, 11:44 PM   #1
dwdgsi03
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2298
What I Drive: 2000 Midship Runabout

FF Reputation: 1 dwdgsi03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Well, I broke the turbo in today

It's actually kind of funny how this happened. I was driving on base headed to the gate, when this V6 Accord with some nice rims pulls out in front of me heading the opposite direction. I gave his car a quick glance, admiring the rims and went about my business. I leave the base and I'm just cruising and lo-and-behold, the accord I saw earlier is catching up to me. My initial reaction what, "WTH", but then he pulls up next to me and tells me he knows what's under my hood because he was at the shop one day while my car was up there (I was working apparently). We hit a red light and I ask what he had on his car and he said I/H/E/p&p head/pullies and and few other things. I was like, "If he and I race, it'll be pretty close because they run like 200hp stock". So he asks if I want to run and I oblige. We drove to this country highway and ran 3 times from a roll. It's crazy. My car had a bit of lag (probably due to the lack of a boost controller), but as soon as it spooled up, I left him...bad. I swear I had like 3-4 car lengths on him after about 1/8mile.

Afterwards, we talked about our cars and now we're cool. He said he thought his car was fast, until he raced me. It feels good to be complimented by another tuner.