Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Passive rear steer revisited
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 09:37 PM   #17
S1lkwrm
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11458
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 S1lkwrm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrera26
There is a simple, cheap, and effective way. In fact there are several. Just changing the static toe, rear-sway, damper settings, camber, etc. will all adjust that. Not only can you fine-tune the attitude of the car, but it's consistent and predictable, instead of trying to tune a dynamic system like PRS. As I said, it's a lot easier and effective to make a change that is consistent and then adapt your driving to suit it...

The piece of metal you are talking about is the "Control Blade", btw.
Im learning here so bare with me..

If I were to adjust the static toe(out) evenly on both sides wont that cause one wheel to track and the other (inside) wheel to go against it thats the only thing that bugs me about a static toe change. well except toe in to make more stability in braking. Hmm actually as Im typing this i just hought about what you said its basicly going to cause the out side wheel to toe out more but the inside will toe in to track as well but just not as much as the rear since the static change was made. ok my brain hurts now.