Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Passive rear steer revisited
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 07:51 PM   #14
S1lkwrm
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 11458
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 S1lkwrm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The focus already has PRS, I think theres a metal piece that flexes as the body rolls not quite sure exactly. But you could effectively replace it with a stiffer piece or even a looser piece depending on the application. I think a "little" PRS is a good thing as your allowing the rear to rotate without scrubbing off speed by draging the rear around the corner as you rotate and that the rear tires are in more grip since they are tracking not dragging around the corner. Also id think if you were to tighten up the suspension then increase the effect of the PRS (not by a lot by any means). you can have a car that points in to the corner with a sweet slip angle but toes back in quick when you want it to causeyour stiffer suspension (not over dampened) alows you to transition back twords center quick. I dunno I think this would rock on a smooth track but on bumpy pavement I could see how this could make it a lil unpredictable.

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] edit**
I used to think my rear end was on the verge of snapping out on me in the Focus but really its the PRS and its wasnt much but since i was used to my prior 96 toyota camry le it was the same feeling as when the rear was stepping out on me in the camry except it didnt step out like it would have in the camry. it kinda tappered off to a point and held but now that im used to it Id like a lil more with a lil stiffer suspension to point the nose a lil more inside the turn. I f there was a way to make it adjustable that would be awsome.

P.S. - Sorry for the double post it didnt let me delete.

Last edited by S1lkwrm; 11-15-2005 at 08:05 PM.