Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #76
focusonthefocus
Gan-San!

Fan#: 1411
What I Drive: 2002 CD Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 focusonthefocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally posted by Lil PZEV
See that's part of the problem. Unless Americans undergo a radical change of mindset before that comes over, it will Not resemble its European brother.

Because Americans, as a whole, see the Focus as the bottom of Ford's lineup. Efficient, small, cheap, get from Point A to Point B. MOST people wouldn't want a Focus with heated windshield and all those sweet gadgets (unless it cost the same as the current ones, which makes no sense).

So my guess is, if/when something like the ST comes over, it will be watered down and "Americanized" to be a little tool-around car, not a majestic beast like this is. It's sad, because I would like access to something very similar to what's shown above, but I'm not sure Ford would be willing to take a gamble on that, at least so far they haven't stuck their necks out relying on an American interest in a sporty compact hatch type car.
This might be an untrue statement if Ford plays their cards right. The Fiesta is coming back. That then can take the place as the eco box for the Ford family, then moving the Focus into what? It already has a strong aftermarket and loyal fan's. Remember, the Focus is the number one repeat buyer vehicle in America. If they allow the MK to be exclusive and run it close to an SVT type or rebadge it as an SVTf(I think it would be cheaper on them if they did that) I think it would have a chance here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tetsuo
Personally, i see this car as being less on par with the SRT's or Cobalt SS's but more with the Civic SI's and the Scion Tc's, that being said, i would only be willing to Pay no more than 21.5k, simply because it's a better focus and it's bound to give the competition a run for there money, but it doesn't blow them out of the water, so it's not worth my 25k(Off Topic: especially considering for 25k you can get an Rx-8) so yea, my 2 and 1/2 cents
Sure... a 5 cyn TURBO is right on par with NA Civic SI's and yawnable performance Tc's... oh and by the way... RX-8 start at 25,000ish. We're talking at the max, the MK would be 25000ish.

Focus on the Mountain

Last edited by focusonthefocus; 11-02-2005 at 07:35 PM.