Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 04:27 PM   #71
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by 2004SVTAutoXer
the price point that's winning is from a demographic of buyers that went towards entry level cars. clearly in europe this is not entry level car.

they're completely different buyer demographics, that's why ford won't bring it over here. it would interfere with the volvo S40 (which is the same chassis, interior options, engine and drivetrain, and well what do you know, same price too)
I think that was pretty much my point, wasn't it? To sell it here they would have to take half the stuff off of it and then it becomes more in line with being the sport version of an "entry level" car. Clearly even the US Focus enthusiasts don't want to spend $30,000 for it, and if the US Focus enthusiasts won't pay for it, who will?? You guys can lust over it all you want but it's pretty obvious even from this small, unscientific poll that there is no market for this car. Remember, the people who say "I'd be all over that like stink on a monkey" are the same people who swear if someone sets up a group buy for product xyz they'll buy one, then when it comes time to buy it, suddenly the money disappeared.