Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 05:00 PM   #53
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by PapoSwing
That interior is beautiful. Very well crafted. Saying that, the power is great, the handling is great, but you're asking $30K for it!!! I would only pay $23K for it.
I'm not asking anything - I'm telling. That's what people in Europe are paying, now, today, as we speak.
After currency conversion the Focus ST starts just below $31,000 and goes up above $35,000. It's a damn popular car too. Now if Ford brought it over here sans heated windshield, voice activated climate/gps/stereo controls, bluetooth setup to automatically receive calls and mute your stere, pocket-key entry and ignition, I'd imagine we'd get 23-25K. But again, in Europe it has all that, and that's why I said it's on par with BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, etc, because it is.

You can ask for a product at any price you want, but a company is going to take whatever people will pay for it. People are paying 31-35 thousand for the Focus ST as it stands today. Ford is not bringing a Focus that expensive to the US. We have the Volvo S40 T5 AWD for that, and maybe we'll get lucky enough to have a 3 door hatch version someday.
SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.