Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - How much are you willing to pay for the MK2 Ford Focus ST?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 07:28 AM   #46
2004SVTAutoXer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 19123
What I Drive: BMW 335i Coupe, 79 CJ-7

FF Reputation: 26 2004SVTAutoXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucidity
You're talking features, not the actual interior, how about you go and look at then interiors of a lexus, bmw, or infiniti, then look at the interior of the ST. It is not luxury, although it looks better than the standard focus interior, it comes nowhere near the quality and elegance that a luxury car would come equipped with.
No I'm talking both, if you've seen the inside of the entry level (ie 3 series, g35, a4) luxury cars, they are on par with the focus ST. Unless you pay a shitload of extra money for their wood grain options, you're getting the same material. Again, keep in mind in Europe the focus ST comes between 31 and 35 thousand dollars, and one of the first options is to get all leather on those recaros. It's on par with luxury interiors because it's in the same price range as the luxury cars. If you'd ever been inside a BMW 3, G35 sedan/coupe, or A4 that was 36K or under, you'd see what I was talking about. The truth is they really aren't impressive until you get into the 40K range.

SVT Squad #133 - Traded for 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited in Quartz Silver Metallic - Traded for 2008 BMW 335i Coupe with stock twin turbo Juiceboxed 500whp and 500wtq of N54 goodness.