Thread: SVT brake swap
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #24
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 229,582, Level 100
Points: 229,582, Level: 100 Points: 229,582, Level: 100 Points: 229,582, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
A light tundra 5 - speed ^^^ There will be two with discs now... I have discussed the advance trac brakes with folks as well. I think they will be just fine... I would recommend getting stainless lines while doing this job, gotta bleed the system anyway..and the stainless steel lines will improve the feel and the power of the brakes as well.
Just standard shop tools, sockets and wrenches. The only nice tool would be some brake line wrenches ( it will make the lines easier to do ). They are available at sears ( craftsmen ) for under $20.
You may need a grinder to remove the rivets from the brakes ( see the pictures )... Thats all I can think of... I do have a good set of tools as I do that for a living, so I may have forgotten something.
Torque?? I didn't use a wrench, but the hubs are steel to steel so pretty tight.. I only use a torque wrench on heads and a few other things anymore. Not to sound cocky, but I have developed a feel for what is right and what is not... You can go pretty tight on the hubs, just don't break the bolts off.

Last edited by viney266; 03-05-2008 at 10:11 AM.