Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - funky thumping from front end
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #10
Hillyard
Supercharged

Fan#: 10982
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 SVT, 2004 Ford Ranger 4x4

Points 13,364, Level 75
Points: 13,364, Level: 75 Points: 13,364, Level: 75 Points: 13,364, Level: 75
Level Up 29% Completed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Hillyard Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally posted by bfocused
As promised, I have the TSB to post. This TSB is #03-20-2. It addresses (and I am quoting here) Suspension-- "Creaking,crunching,grinding,or rattle noise from front suspension at slow speeds over bumps and/or while turningIssue- Some 2000-2003 Focus vehicles may exhibit a front end creaking, crunching,grinding and/or rattling noise from the front suspension at slow speeds and or/while turning.

Service procedure is to inspect front strut fasteners, and confirm they are tightened to correct torque. Well it goes on and on, I won't bore you to death with it, go to your local Ford Service Dept and ask for them to check this out if you have this noise.

My car is doing it big time. And I have an appointment to have this done.

This TSB supersedes TSB # 03-15-3. And remember this is a Technical Service Bulletin, not a recall. Normal warranty coverages apply--- 3 yrs 36k, unless you have an Extended Warranty.

Hope this helps
bfocused
Oh man! I am out of warranty and I have the exact sypmtoms of the TSB...Can you explain what it replaces?
#3788 InfraRed SVT
Hill <><