Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 11:36 PM   #46
JohnMichael
Michael J. Caboose

Fan#: 21469
What I Drive: Black Hemi Ram & Honda Shadow VT600

FF Reputation: 7 JohnMichael Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
This thing is freaking awesome!

1. Wayne Foy at Hypillauto.com
2. XCalibrator2
3. $360/shipped
4. 5 Hours
5. The Tune itself it amazing. I was sooo skeptical about which tune to get, and I must say, I am quite enthused that I saved serious $ and got a great product! Installation was a piece of cake...yank #46 and #61 fuse, plug into ODB port, follow step-by-step instructions. Took maybe 12-15 minutes total.

I actually reset my computer by pulling battery cable and letting sit for awile. Upon cranking, idle jumped to 1.8k rpm for a few seconds and proceeded to nestle in right at 950rpm...very smooth sounding idle. After warming, backed out of driveway and instantly noticed the change in clutch feel and 'bog' issue...

There is no bog. The car starts moving so easily now...no feathering or playing with gas/clutch to get car moving.

Now, the fun part...I was also hesistant to buy because I did not think the gains could be significant. Holy Crap, honestly feels as if I've got an extra 20ft/lbs of torque. It jumps to 60mph so quickly now. I completely surprised myself when I glanced down expecting to see 45-50 on the speedometer and turned out to be 60-70mph!

My nice burble in the exhaust is nonexistant, and I have the slightest surge at 2.5k rpm...and those are my only complaints thus far. I have not had the opportunity to drive for more than 30 miles on it yet, but I shall update later.

Also, haven't gotten the chance to use the datalogging features, but will check into that!

6. Wayne is awesome, enough said...after my order, we proceeded to shoot the breeze about life! Wonderful business he has going, and he is a father now (or at least, I'm pretty sure!)... Thank You, Wayne!

7. Dyno? Yeah, don't I freaking wish...

*UPDATE* I've had the tune for a week now, and I love it. Like everyone else has said, the car should have come with a tune like this from the factory. Drives great, and Wayne is the best customer service guy...dude just had a baby and he's out and about getting my tune tweaked already...sheesh, man take a break, will ya?!

I have definitely noticed a change in my exhaust note...at cruising speed it has a low 'puttering' to it, along the same lines as the hummmmm of a 350Z (and before I get flamed for comparing my ride to a Z, chill...).

Much better Get Up and Go in response...like I said earlier, my SVTf Wants to go faster now...

O'er Pirates from the Black of Pitch

Last edited by JohnMichael; 10-23-2005 at 02:00 PM.