Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Is this a fuel pump problem? Help!
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
Rockbird
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 28681
What I Drive: 2001 yellow ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Rockbird Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Is this a fuel pump problem? Help!

My 2001 Focus has left me stranded twice in the last week. It appears to be the fuel pump problem talked about in previous posts. But when I called the Ford dealership and gave him my vin# he told me my car was made too late in 2001 to be included in the recall. So I called Ford customer service and they told me the same thing. He said my complaint would be researched to see if other Focus owners not included in the recall had the same problem. Which basically means I have to replace the pump at my own cost, and maybe someday be reimbursed if they find others with the same problem. Fat chance, right?

It will be running along just fine, then suddenly loses power until it basically slows to a stop. The more I press the accelerator the more it wants to die. After it sits for a while it will start and run just fine, at least for a while. Does this problem make the check engine light come on?

My main gripe is that I was never notified. It did this last July and we never figured out what it was. If I had known about the problem then, I could have had it fixed under my extended warranty, which has since expired. Great.

Is there any other problem that would make it do this, before I spend money on a new pump? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, y'all!

Rockbird