Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Do you think 'Car Modding' is worth it?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #42
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I've never owned a car for as long as I have owned this one (15 months), and I probably won't again. I never meant to be in this car this long anyway. Not that I don't like it...

But I also do all this brokering, so I am in and out of different cars all the time, can switch around quickly and not lose money. Also, I am saving like crazy to do it more often (and important things like buying a house, actual adult stuff), so spending $$$ on mods for my car is awfully far down in the scale of important things to do.

Maybe when I am brokering full time and making killer cash, and can write mods and racing off, I'll get more into it. Of course, it'll probably be with a car that has more easy potential than the SVTF. A main reason I bought the SVTF is because it's great out of the box and doesn't really need much of anything to work well and be an economical daily driver / autoXer.

As far as standing out and being different, if I spent $15K on my car, you wouldn't be able to tell from more than a few feet away anyway, so you can see where my priorities are. Not to mention I would rather take that extra cash and stand out in a Boxster instead....
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...