Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Grand Am GT vs. Focus
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2004, 01:53 AM   #33
buttons
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 2720
What I Drive: 2003 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 buttons Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
good luck

If you had a manaul id say it would be close. An automatic grand am GT has to do around a flat 16@86mph or os. I am new here and not totally familar with focus's but, an automatic focus does mid 17's? If i remember right the grand am has 170hp 210ft/lbs of torque.

If you want to beat him, the cheapest way would be to get a wet NX nitrous kit. run a 50 shot or something. these kits can be had off ebay for like 450$. I installed my nitrous kit myself on my mother Hyundai elantra and im a guy that doesn't change his own oil. If your running a 50shot it should be close, but id say you'd take him.

edit: again i dont know how well the zetec motor holds up, but you could invest alittle more and get a progressive nitrous controller. Then you could run higher amounts of nitrous safer. You could do low 15's probably. Remember to installed a colder range spark plug for this and 93 octane if possible

Last edited by buttons; 01-23-2004 at 01:55 AM.