stopping your air filter from rubbing the engine bay
I noticed when I had my other intake that the filter rested on the engine bay. It would rattle sometimes and the bolts eventually rubbed a whole through the air filter. So I got a new filter and I didnt want it to get damaged so I made this craddle. Its really easy to do and it may help anybody who has this problem.
So here is what you need!
1. long black (haha thats right) zip ties. You want the heavyer grade ones so they will hold up better to heat etc. $.98-$5.00 (The black zip ties dont stand out...you wont notice them)
2. Pipe insulation, The grey foam kinda works great. You can get them at lows etc. $0.98
3. Heart, You have to want to do this.
ARE YOU READY! LETS GO!
1.Ok so take the zip ties and attatch it to any two points that will allow the zip ties to span under the air filter. I attatched one end to the metal support behind the battery, and the other under the fuse box. (dont attatch the zip tie to any wires. it may pull they loose or somthing)
2. After you get the zip ties set up, put the foam insulation around the zip ties.
3. Stand back and enjoy a hard days work. HAHA
Anyway its an easy solution to this problem
here is a picture of mine...you cant see it. also it looks like its sitting ont the engine bay but it is suspended about 2 inches above. so the filter just touches the craddle...BAM
====SVT SQUAD number #113====
i drive a mini cooper S now. but im still a focus owner at heart
ASK ME ABOUT AN SVT TURBO KIT FOR SALE!! ASKING 2550!!!
Last edited by malconsSVT; 09-19-2005 at 02:36 AM.