Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 21wins 3 losses 1 tie
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 07:59 PM   #18
BevinZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 BevinZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Hmm, I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but the S60 is a tough opponent. I work at a Volvo dealer, and get the opportunity to drive S60's frequently. Beautiful car, and quite fast. The 2002 I BELIEVE, had 208 hp, since it is turbocharged. I know the 2003's had 208. However, the 2003's are also 2.5 litre. I dunno about the whole downshifting thing though. All the AWD's excluding the 2004 S60R are automatics (you would know if you were up against and R). However, the autos are gear-tronic. Basically an "auto stick" if you will. But in my opinion, they are kinda sloppy. If it was a non-turbo, you'd have a better chance. They are fairly weak, but can also pack a punch. They are rated at 168 hp. If it's a T5, not likely since the 2002 T5 was not AWD, you would have been shot down no matter what your speed. The reason why I am saying 2002, is because of the engine size, however it could have been an 01. That was the first year. Hmm. If you did win, congratulations. That would definetly be something I'd brag about at my dealership. :-)