Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 5.0 or svt?
Thread: 5.0 or svt?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 09:39 PM   #38
mustanggt_50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 13592
What I Drive: 2002 Supercharged Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 mustanggt_50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by graveKisser
and Im sure it was great for its time but I dont like some of the ppl at my school sayin the 5.0 is the beat engine ever built and braging that they will beat anything in their moded 80s mustang when a dohc 4.6 stock will eat it
It was great for its time, still is if you ask me!! Sure its old school technology and uses pushrods etc oppose to a sohc or dohc setup but it still works!

Also the 5.0 is a good engine, it takes very well to mods and has a HUGE aftermarket. There are a few flaws to the 5.0 engine, one being the weakness of the block past a certain power where the 4.6 block will take more (although the stock internals are garbage). There are others but I wont get into it.

And im not trying to be a dick at all, but a modded 5.0 can smack the hell out of a stock (like you mentionned) sohc or even dohc 4.6 Mustang, my lightly modded 5.0 beat newer style GT's all the time. Never got to race a dohc one so I cant speak there, but id likely lose!! lol... But stock for stock the 4.6 should win!! Mod for mod it could go either way, you just never know!!

Oh and ps... I agree with the slamming on Gm and Honda part! haha