Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 5.0 or svt?
Thread: 5.0 or svt?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 12:04 PM   #34
OneAMRadio
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 25838
What I Drive: 2006 Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 OneAMRadio Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by svtfiend
now we see the full picuture here... ya know, the other day i beat a 93 porsche 911 turbo? sure, its turbo was blown, it only had 3 wheels, and the driver had one leg, but i smoked him from a stop and a roll! whats this place coming to?! how old are you kids and who bought you these damn cars?! you don't just go around braging up that you smoked a 5.0 to a bunch of people who own the same car as you, and no doubt at least a few of us have owned one, if not a few 5.0s in their life. there were in fact very few cars in the late 80's and that could run 14 seconds or under in the 1/4 with little or no modifications. one was the turbo buick regal, and coming in at a close second was the 5.0 h.o. mustang. when the rest of the automotive industry was still struggling to convert to fuel injection, ford was high on the horse, and kicking a$$ at the strip. i think just a few of us would appreciate it if you'd quit knocking a piece of automotive history/technology, just because your buddy has a pile of crap that you happened to beat. i guarantee i could whoop your young a$$ with a 5.0, probably even your buddies if you gave me about an hour with the hood open first. thanks...
Dont you think that is a little brash?

-Ryan

2006 Liqued ZX3 Duratec 2.0L (D20) - Steeda STS, HKS Hi-Power Exhaust