Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Other then basic bolt ons...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 01:06 AM   #5
sc0tty8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 27536
What I Drive: 2k3 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 sc0tty8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I will be replacing the flex pipe. I will be doing the exhaust myself. As a v8 guy at heart, I am trying to reduce any chance of a ricey sounding exhaust. Ricey is in the eye of the beholder. I am looking at a larger muff that should hopefully reduce a lot of the riceness. I will prob also pick up the adjustable cam gears while I am at it.

I am looking at a larger muffler from summit racing that is not specifically designed for a sports compact car, this will reduce cost, and, hopefully noise. I will also add in a cut out in the exhasut so if I wish to race, it will be more free flowing. I am really trying to attain the quiet stocker/sleeper look/sound.

Gears are something I thought of, but, since the stock clutch is still holding in there, I figure at this time, I will leave the trans alone all together, and, do it all at once to save on downtime and labor;) I think it will benefit from new collars and blockers at that time $$$

I am glad to hear that I am going in the right direction, I was told on another forum that claimed to be one of the world's largest, that, I did not know what I was talking about and pretty much everything I knew about v8's did not apply to the zetec because the zetec is another animal. We all know all motors benefit from more free flowing exhaust, intake, and a cam. All of these items promote more flow, and, more flow is good for more power.

How high could one raise the compression, and, still expect to run decently on boost? I am thinking if I get a tune, I may get the timing advanced a bit to help pick up on more throttle response and power, but, I know this will have to be undone when I add in boost. I would like to do either the vortech high boost kit or the jrsc big boost kit when/if the time/opportunity arises. I had a previous project car that went horribly array(unknowledgeable me and friends really screwed up), I dreamed too big and bit off more then I could hanlde, so, this time, I am going to do it step by step and the work I can't handle 100% on my own a shop will do.