Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - My "Clean" AutoCross Run 09-04-05
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 01:12 PM   #12
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah, I have DivX too and would like to compress my race videos. I downloaded them all and ended up with 375MB!

And yes, there's a class for everything, but if you're a noob they'll probably put you in the most "skill-appropriate" class anyway. Everyone needs to stop waiting for mods or whatever and just go friggin DO IT!

WD40 - Could be wrong, but it still looks to me like you're coming in too hot on your corners. After riding with some really experienced guys, they had me slow way down, to where I only get a hint of squeal now and just for a moment. It felt so wrong, especially as I thought I was going very conservatively already, but I made a massive improvement. They just knocked it into my head that you cannot be sliding/squealing and getting good acceleration through a corner at the same time.

Of course, feel free to pick apart my runs when I get them posted.
I think I asked this before, but what's the best place to post them for max resolution and quality?
Don't waste another minute waiting on parts, or anything else. Just get out there and start racing! You will suck at first, and you will be slower than many other cars, but the only thing you will regret is not starting earlier...