Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 07:55 PM   #41
Hamrhead
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15106
What I Drive: '13 GT500

Points 1,640, Level 23
Points: 1,640, Level: 23 Points: 1,640, Level: 23 Points: 1,640, Level: 23
Level Up 40% Completed
Level up: 40% Level up: 40% Level up: 40%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Hamrhead Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
1: Hypnotic (Wayne)
2: SCT XCal2
3: $360.00
4: Installed it Saturday morning (8/13)
5: Street Tune and a Highway Tune
6: Spoke to Wayne on the phone last Monday. Very helpfull and answered all of my questions. Part showed up Saturday morning just like he said. Haven't tried to contact him since.
7: Installed it in about 15 minutes - Directions are good and very simple to use (1st time for me w/ no issues). Definitely starts better - shoots up to about 1,600rpm's, then settles right down to a 900 rpm idle. Driveability is smoother and it pulls away from a stop cleaner - got rid of some of the 'bog'. Granted, it's still no torque monster, but it simply runs better IMO. Haven't really noticed much of an increase in power, but I drove the car all last night in 95+ degree heat w/ the AC blastin'.

I'm anxious to drive it more and see if I see an increase in MPG. Figure I'll run the Street Tune for a month or so, then load up the Highway Tune and run that for a while, even though I really don't do too much highway driving. I just want to try them both out and see which one I prefer.

My '04 is one of the last ones built, so Wayne said that the TC would probably still not be disabled, but he said he'll continue to work on that fix. He was correct - it still works like stock, but that's not a big issue for me.