Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Why street racing is dumb
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 08:04 AM   #18
Hexx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18117
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3 S

FF Reputation: 1 Hexx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by popecruz
Build a rally car... wtf??! People do that as a profession and it takes a ton of skill. You don't just hop in your and start driving around a dirt track at 100mph.

Besides street racing is completely free if you don't get caught. And i strongly encourage racing a closed street with no traffic. At least if something goes wrong it happens to me, not some random person driving home.
I KNOW people do that as a profession. I was saying, you dont have to. You could spend a season or two doing it, etc etc. As for skill...yes, it does take skill....thats why I set people up to that challenge instead of straight line street racing. 1/4 mile racing is good and all....but why not do something that involves on the fly thinking for more than a 1/4 mile?

Street racing on a closed road isnt bad at all...I would highly suggest this if any racing on the street at all.

I just still dont get the "from the roll" approach. Even if the person is driving an EVO and cant launch, whatever, its his ass not mine. I shouldnt have to give him a handicap because he has a hard time from 0-60 to get traction.