Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #38
..:: sleestak ::..
on thin air

Fan#: 22528
What I Drive: 04 Forester XTi

FF Reputation: 80 ..:: sleestak ::.. Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
1. Randy @ FocusSport (rla6&zed0) & Waynes Street Tune from Hypnotic
2. SCT Xcalibrator2
3. eBay $243 + 50 for FS tune / 60 Wayne's tune
4. A few weeks now
5. rla6 | zed0 | waynes street

rla6 & zed0
Randy gave me both of these tunes incase one didnt take well.
The rla6 definitely runs better on my car, but the launch still has that "bog" . Once you get past that it goes...smooth and strong. I then looked to see if any codes came up and then sent my report back to Randy and asked what I might be able to tweak to help the launch. He told me that one of the codes was most likely a busted DSI Clip. Once I fixed the DSI Clip, it ran a little better. Still would like to see a little better launch. I heard back from Randy a few days later and we are going to work on that rla6 a little more, I think.

Zed0 tune ...the launch was a little better, but didnt seem to pull as strong as the rla6 when it was up and going.

I had some money burning a hole in my pocket so I talked to Wayne and had him make up a tune for me. Night and day, I think. the "launch" is much better and runs like a beast Overall, I will most likely keep Wayne's tune in my car for twisties and around town, and maybe run the RLA6 once in a while for highway driving.

A few things I must say about Wayne...He sent me links to the apps that go with the SCT Xcal2 and also two tutorials that briefly go over how it works. I am also liking the fact that he offers 6 months of tweaks and upgrades with the cost of your tune and made sure I could get everything onto my sct. Awesome customer relations!! He even followed up with me the next day to ask about the tune....these little extras are what are having me lean a little more towards wayne when it comes to tunes.

Now that I have a nice little cache of tunes, I will have to start tinkering with them...lol.

"Our mother of blessed accelleration, dont fail us now!" -- Elwood Blues

Last edited by ..:: sleestak ::..; 08-22-2005 at 02:21 AM.