Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Window tinting in Michigan, please help
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 03:36 PM   #9
sidney61199
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 7904
What I Drive: 2002 Black Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 sidney61199 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Two things, first off if you stop in a police station they have to answer all your questions for you (you pay there salaries with your taxes). Then stop in tint shops (2 or 3) and ask them what they have heard about how picky the cops are. When I got mine done on my last car they told me "this is what is legal and this is what you can get away with". The second thing is if you wear glases or contacts go to your eye doctor and tell him/her your having problems driving even with sunglasses on cause your eyes are so sensitive to light. The doctor will write you a perscription for window tint and you can get it as dark as you want and the cops can't do crap about it. They may pull you over for it but just keep the perscription in you glove box and they can't do any thing about it. My eye doctor actually told me this cause my eyes are so sensitive I do have trouble driving when its real bright out. Good luck.