Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Do you think 'Car Modding' is worth it?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #543
felixthecat
w/ my magic bag

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

Points 12,212, Level 72
Points: 12,212, Level: 72 Points: 12,212, Level: 72 Points: 12,212, Level: 72
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 65 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugabuga View Post
I think massive modding is a waste of time and money.
By that I mean attempts to make your car into something it is not. I did that with my 1992 Toyota Tercel and made it into a 200whp beast from the original 75hp and it was fun but cost me a lot of time and money. Then I got a 1999 miata and loved it in STOCK form. My 2004 Mazda Rx8 is great too and cost less than the money I spent modding the car.

IMHO small tweaks are worth it, like a bit of suspnsion work, a bit of brake work, a few other small things but generally I will never do "total transformation" type of project.

Not to mention you don't recover any of your money that you spent on mods, when you sell the car. Total money pit.
A great cheap mod for you is a bsd plug. Adds a qtr of oil & removes about 19lbs of static wetght + the rotational weight & makes the motor more responsive. Oil/filter, rtv & a plug to block off the the bs feed hole & a few hrs of labor & your golden. A great saturday morning project.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mixBigger brakes then you- D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131