Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Anyone trade their SEL or Titanium for a ST?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 12:55 AM   #48
sportsguy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 153538
What I Drive: 2014 PB ST

FF Reputation: 1 sportsguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for the explanation!!

Congrats on your ST. I agree the frosted glass looks very sharp!!

I just picked up a PB 2014 ST a couple of weeks ago and am loving it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
It was a Focus SEL that I had originally bought new but had slowly started to upgrade the aesthetics and performance on it.

The original Fascia was damaged, then after the insurance repair the car was damaged again on the way to go help my Uncle move my dying Grandfather out of his apartment because the manager was a psychotic individual who wanted him out before his lease expired because she had already rented the apartment to someone else.

So I decided that while I loved the color of the car I wanted to see the ST front Fascia painted in Frosted Glass.

Initially I never intended to get rid of the SEL, at least not for 5-10+ years down the road, but the itch to get an ST grew too great.

I had bought a used ST exhaust for under $200 and modified it to fit the n/a engine. It helped to mellow out the harsh induction note from the Steeda Intake.

I was going to get the rear valence and side skirts for an ST to build a Frosted Glass ST tribute, but not clone.

I had driven the ST numerous times prior to buying mine and while it was impressive I never found the SEL lacking until I started to add up what it would take to make the car into what I wanted it to be.

I would still love to someday repaint my ST or wrap it in Frosted Glass as it was a sharp color. Silver is nice, but it's just not the same.

The exhaust fit just fine without modifying the rear valence, but for it to look proper it would have been changed, but I changed my mind and bought an ST after test driving it one last time.