Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Fusion or Escape 6spd auto a possible replacement for the DCT?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #11
bluehatch14
Focus Addict

Fan#: 111245
What I Drive: 2012 blue se hatchback

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 bluehatch14 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKaiser View Post
Thanks for the response Todd but I'd been there and done that--twice I think. The last regional CSM I dealt with wasn't very "customer service" oriented and I would prefer to not deal with her again. Last time I dealt with "my" regional CSM I was given a document about DCT behavior and told everything we are experiencing was normal. Funny, the serious problems that concern me aren't on that document.

Last time going this route I was supposed to take my car to the "shop foreman" so he can reproduce the problem but he is only available during the week and I cannot leave my car for any period of time. I need it for work and I doubt I'd get a loaner for the length of time it will take them to finally reproduce the issue. At this time I just don't trust Ford will be able to fix this issue since they are reluctant to admit that the DCT is a problem. I was able to record a short iphone video of one of the issues but it only shows the RPMs and engine note jumping around--this wouldn't be enough to get anywhere me thinks.

Hard to believe in ~14,000 miles I've already had the Sync module in the dash replaced, brake lines + full rotors/pads/shoes replaced, and several TSB's completed. Good thing these were under warranty.
God that's a lot of stuff to have fixed in 14 k. Glad I bought a 5spd.