Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 07:55 PM   #34
gukin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12777
What I Drive: 2003 Orange SVTF

Points 1,698, Level 23
Points: 1,698, Level: 23 Points: 1,698, Level: 23 Points: 1,698, Level: 23
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 gukin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Update:

I've got Wayne's latest tune that addresses the surging and uneven idle. I purchased my tune from Wayne in mid March with a fairly agressive tune. Everything was improved except there was bit of a lumpy idle and a hint of a surge. The tune improved the powerband across the board. I read on this fourm about Wayne's latest and most refined tune and Wayne kindly sent it to me.

Refined is an excellent word for Wayne's latest, my car starts instantly and settles down to a very smooth idle. The engine is smooth during acceleratino and the car runs the way it ought to.

One caveat: when upshifting during low RPM "hard" acceleration, there is a perceptable lag when re-engaging the clutch, the duration is a fraction of a second and happens when upshifting around 3000-3500 RPM. I believe it only happens when the car is transitioning from cold to warmed up and is more apparent with the AC running.

This Caveat is a REALLY minor thing, in hard acceleration (upshifts at 5000-7000) there is NO lag and the car really pulls. For around town driving shifting 3000-4000 RPM without flooring the acclerator, there is also no perceptable lag. The circumstances under which it happens are when the car is cold and I early shift with the AC on.

If you've got one of Wayne's older tunes and are beyond the 6-month support window, it would be worth sending him $45 for the update and continued support. Wayne's tune is still too good to be true.