View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 08:01 AM   #59
sqandspl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19088
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 Yellow

FF Reputation: 1 sqandspl Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I thought my owners manual stated 13.4 for my focus (2000 zx3), but i'll double check...could be 13.2. You gotta really want that gas mileage...Im a firm believer in the premise that a car "programs" itself to run optimally for your driving habits. From the day i purchased my focus my driving has been 99.9 percent highway driving. If I was to drive for while in the city, then drive highway, my mileage would be down. After a few days of steady highway driving, my mileage would be back up to 33+ mpg. I even noticed my mileage dropping significantly after an oil change. The new oil is thicker, more reisistance in the engine, fuel economy drops off. After 125k miles in 3 years on my focus...i have this mileage thing down to a science. 5 speed, no cruise control...shift at the light ALWAYS, neutral on the downhill sections of interstate (about 8 miles a day on my commute). I even draft off the tractor trailers when im really pushing it lol. But seriously 105 mile one way commute, *2 days = 420 miles, around 430 after lunches and I fill up...when i drive it that is, i said before i parked the focus and am currently running the wheels off my geo storm gsi.