Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Intake Seat - Here I Go Again
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #5
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewscates View Post
Hello, I just went to my machine shop, they ordered a new head, with valves and camshaft since they couldn't get the camshaft out of the old warped head. All they had to do was transfer the lifters. This new head cost only about $360. or so, about what you would pay for a rebuilt head on eBay. I installed it using new head bolts and head gasket, it now has almost 1,000 miles on it with no issues. Soon I am going to re-tension the timing belt, and replace the fuel injectors with a set that I sent to InjectorRx.com for cleaning, they come back like new and flow-matched. My recommendation: take this route instead of buying a rebuilt head - locally or eBay, It costs about the same, it's a sure thing, and it's new! You should put something on where you really don't have to worry that it'll drop a valve any minute, it could be very inconvenient or worse, and break a piston too. Best of Luck, Bob
Many people on here have ordered multiple heads on ebay with no problems. You just have to buy it from a reputable dealer. This is why it is so important that you share where you bought your warped head. We need to know which sellers to avoid and which we can trust, because as you said, no one needs to worry about dropping another valve seat.

Another very useful piece of information is whether or not you contacted the seller (which you should have before shelling anything out to anyone else), and what they said. A reputable dealer will have a warranty for their head, did yours?

So, please tell us where you bought your head.