Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Intake Seat - Here I Go Again
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #4
rnewscates
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97162
What I Drive: 2000 Focus SPI, 1978 Lotus Esprit

FF Reputation: 1 rnewscates Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
RE: Replacement Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmperfection View Post
I just dropped #4 intake seat. Wondering if you went ahead with new aftermarket casting? Did it work out well? I'm also interested in knowing which ebay seller you bought the rebuilt head from. I'm torn between having my head repaired or go the easy route and exchange.
Hello, I just went to my machine shop, they ordered a new head, with valves and camshaft since they couldn't get the camshaft out of the old warped head. All they had to do was transfer the lifters. This new head cost only about $360. or so, about what you would pay for a rebuilt head on eBay. I installed it using new head bolts and head gasket, it now has almost 1,000 miles on it with no issues. Soon I am going to re-tension the timing belt, and replace the fuel injectors with a set that I sent to InjectorRx.com for cleaning, they come back like new and flow-matched. My recommendation: take this route instead of buying a rebuilt head - locally or eBay, It costs about the same, it's a sure thing, and it's new! You should put something on where you really don't have to worry that it'll drop a valve any minute, it could be very inconvenient or worse, and break a piston too. Best of Luck, Bob