Old 05-31-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
CHIBULLSAN
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 2019
What I Drive: TwinCharged SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 CHIBULLSAN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Project Twincharged SVT Focus

For those of you who havent seen the progress on other boards .... here is the most recent info on the project.

The project is a 2002 Focus SVT. 8.5:1 JE pistons, and Forged Eagle Rods. The tuning is SCT Pro racer to be tuned by Tom (focus-power) later this month. 42# injectors and a 70mm ProM are used. The project started in November of 2004 and is still having things replaced as they are needed. The twincharged focus is a combination of a Custom Eaton M62 with Eclutch, 3.2" SC Pulley - 5.8" Crank, and a T3-60 Turbo with custom midlength tubular manifold and downpipe. The turbo has a 38mm wastegate and now has an oil pump to scavenge the oil to the oil pan.

The air comes in through the Turbo and goes through the intercooler. The air then travels through the MAF and past the throttle body. Once it passes that it will either go through the supercharger into the custom aluminum manifold with billet plenums or it can be bypassed around the SC when its shut off through an electric throttle body used as a bypass around the SC into the manifold directly. The air is recirculated from the manifold to after the TB before the SC. Which allows pressure in the manifold to escape. The turbo has its own blow off valve before the TB. The whole set up is controlled by a custom wiring harness and the Greddy MSS and Type S controller.

All custom parts mentioned were fabricated or customized by myself.

The car makes alot of boost fast and never has to wait for spool or enough PSI to build to be noticable. From 1200 RPM i have 5 PSI and up. By 1800 I have 12PSI and I can hold 12 - 13 up to 5000RPM. I can go alot more boost but this is as far as I have gone without tuning ..... this is why I needed new pistons ..... Oops.

Here are some pics to show the progress and help visualize what I am saying. Imagestation is kinda crappy so bear with it. If you have questions ... feel free to ask.

Last edited by CHIBULLSAN; 05-31-2005 at 09:38 PM.